Friday, November 9, 2012

Tiny Doors

Brace yourself because this might be the most adorable idea ever... 



Every house needs a teeny tiny door! The brilliant folks over at Design Sponge featured this little DIY and I can add it to my list of reasons why kiddies are awesome. This is the perfect time of year to fuel the imagination of any little in your life with a mini door for fairies, mice, elves and the like to come and go as they please. I love that it is so realistic and subtle. It's even sort of arty and stylish in its simplicity. And what a brilliant solution to the Santa problem for a chimney-less house! I know I would have LOVED this when I was small, and I am pretty sure I would still get just as much enjoyment out of it now. The possibilities for making this magical with rotating props and surprises are endless...tiny mail, a daily paper (The Gnome Chronicle? Elves Daily? Tooth Fairy Times?), muddy footprints, a welcome mat, seasonal decor, glitter trails... I'm in love. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I LOVE this! A MUST have! Thanks for finding this, Annie. :)

    ReplyDelete