Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankfulness

Some traditions are symbolic and meaningful to me, and others are... well... just not. If I stop and think about how many people eat the same animal on one day and how the manufacturers of that meat must scramble to produce enough to feed that many people I start to get really grossed out (sorry turkey eaters!). I do, however, support togetherness and thankfulness! This Thanksgiving I will not be eating turkey, but I will be concentrating on gratitude and harmony. My family is giant, so for as long as I can remember we have eaten these celebratory feasts off of paper plates piled buffet-style. We never eat all at the same time, and we cluster into little groups of eaters. Some at a table, some on the porch, some inside the kitchen, some in front of the tv. I love it and I don't love it. Wouldn't it be so magical and amazing to all eat around a festively decorated table (or a bunch of tables)? This one looks extra special to me, so eclectic and cozy. It's still random and hodge-podgey enough to fit a large and unique family and doesn't feel stuffy or overdone. Thanksgiving 2013 perhaps?

here

No comments:

Post a Comment