Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Washington Part 1

I'm back! And I am still coming down off of a euphoric travel high after spending ten magical days in the forested Pacific Northwest. Joey and I managed to truly make the most out of every day of our vacation and we saw and did more things than I even thought possible. I feel renewed, relaxed, inspired, and full of love and appreciation. 
I know there are like a million jokes about how boring it is to look at other people's travel photos, but I seriously feel like mine are the exception, so get ready for a few days of Washington posts. Today I offer you Part 1, in which Joey showed me around his old stomping grounds of Bellingham and Fairhaven.  

On the first morning we woke up to sunshine and were treated to homemade waffles and whipped cream by Rhys, who we stayed with. 

Berries grow wild everywhere and they taste like candy. 

This is the backyard at Rhys' community living house called Taliesan. 

One of the many, many coffee shops that we visited during our trip.

Happy girl with coffee! In front of a quirky Fairhaven eatery.

I couldn't get over this adorable town and the turning leaves.
 
I made a friend.

Joey took me up to Western Washington University's arboretum which and we explored the magical forest. 

Everything is green and beautiful! 

Joey the Forest Man kicking up some leaves. 

After a day's worth of exploring Joey took us on  a very long walk to this park right on the water.

Travel buddies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment